I will never make fun of a panicking Sim after this...
What an eventful week this one was!
On Wednesday night, while my friends and I carpooled on the way home from work/gym to watch 'Sunshine' at the cinema, this sequence of events unfolded...
1) Hit a slight bump on the road towards the highway.
2) Lights of dashboard/speedometer went dead.
3) Eisu asked "Do you smell that?", and lo, smoke started emanating from the steering wheel box.
4) Emergency parking on the roadside, got out of the car to escape the smoke.
5) Opened the front to let the engine cool down.
6) Eisu went over to turn off the headlights, and was welcomed with the sight of fire coming out from under the steering wheel.
7) EISU, HANIE, AND I DASHED MADLY TO DOUSE FIRE WITH BOTTLES OF WATER!!!
Thankfully, we managed to douse the fire, but the damage to the wiring looked quite extensive and pretty much cringe-inducing (and indeed, the cost of the spare parts was just that T_T) . Nevertheless, what was important was that Eisu, Hanie and myself got out of this incident safely as we were driving at night (when we can see the malfunctioning lights and react to the emergency swiftly), in an area with low traffic, and with fire-dousing implements at hand. All in all, I'm just pretty relieved none of us got hurt and we managed to get home safely courtesy of Hilmy and Phui Mun (THANKS GUYS TwT).
But a true life account wouldn't be complete without PICTURES!
After we doused the fire that night
Morning after horrifics (after my uncle opened the cover to check the damage)
Oh well, on a cheerful note...my workstation is finally up and running (and yes, the CPU is arranged sideways for (lack-of) space reasons.)
Big sweet monitor of love :3