AimoStudio

Online Gallery of Irma "Aimo" Ahmed, Lucasfilm-approved Artist.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Are you GARR for GURREN LAGANN?!!

I didn't post a notice about this earlier; In April, I went to Tokyo for a week-long family vacation. It was a lovely time in a foreign land for me...a good thing too, since I'm pretty bummed that I have to pass on San Diego this summer because of unexpected circumstances (eg. $5000+ for return tickets to/from LAX...wtfomgbbq).

I won't be writing about the vacation though, because I am too lazy (it's 1 a.m. and the weekend's just started...jelly limb time). I'll try to post the photos I took now and then.

I did however plonk obscene amounts of cash on shopping, buying stuff like the ones below:

Akihabara is a DANGEROUS place for a Gurren Lagann fan. This photo doesn't even include the other GL books I bought like the Groundworks and numerous doujinshi.

And thus, this post is a segway to a GL fan art I whipped up after work at the office, featuring Yoko from the back.

All drawn and coloured in Photoshop+Painter. Yoko may seem like a fan-service for the GL novice, but I grew to really like her character!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM , Blogger bunbungirl said...

Hi. Is the Japanese animated cartoon good?
Your site is interesting for me
I want to often visit your site from now on.
If you are interested in Anime, please link to my site.
My site has information about Japanese culture
(For example, Japanese manga, animation, games, cosplay, Japanese foods).
Would you introduce my site in your site if you like it?
http://japanesefood-cultuer-history-anime.blogspot.com/

 
At July 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM , Blogger KAHNEHTEH said...

Very beautiful work and quite an entertaining blog you've got here - my personal favorites are the life drawings. I hope your work is keeping you busy and inspired. Speak with you later.

Eric.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home